I had an idea over the weekend that's just a doozy, Uncle Neal. Not only will it defend our constitution from what George Will - my favorite conservative voice - called Monarchical Powers! The powers of a King! The most unAmerican thing you can imagine! Not only will it defend our constitution, but it presents the only path to victory I can see for the Republicans. That path is having the Republicans impeach President Bush.
Now Neal, I know what you're thinking, and I just urge you to give this some serious thought. This is a crossroads for our constitution. Love it and take advantage of your podium.
- Mr. 25% is hated around the country - repudiation of him would help you IMMENSELY
- You actually put principle above Party for once
- Defend the Constitution
- Hilary would hate it - Pelosi the first female president.
- Lying to the people about the Iraq War - he said things that were contradicted by intelligence. CIA told him the sources were untrustworthy - Newsweek on June 11th
- Commissioning felonies - FISA - admitted to this on the White House Lawn
- Ignoring Habeas Corpus - an 800 year tradition -Al Marri - AP, May 24
- Obstructing Justice - pardoning someone to keep them from talking - selective leaking of classified NIE -> Valerie Plame (proven covert Mar 16th, 2007)